North American Renaissance Marine Project - Empowering Global Prosperity
RSS Become a Fan

Recent Posts

New Robot Sampling
Magellan Bioscience.com
Amnesic Shellfish Poisoning
Practical gel that simply “clicks” for biomedical applications
Human health therapeutics - National Research Council Canada

Categories

Florida Bioscience
New Therapies
Oceanography Conference
powered by

My Blog

Sea Orbiter

Whille the oceans cover over two-thirds of the Earth’s surface, they contain 99 percent of the living space on the planet and are home to almost 80 percent of all life on Earth. Remarkably, we have only explored 10 percent of that space, however French architect Jacques Rougerie is hoping to change that with his futuristic oceanographic station – The SeaOrbiter.
Not just a scientific laboratory, The SeaOrbiter is also the world’s first vertical ship, standing 170 feet (51m) tall, allowing explorers an unique view of life below the waves. What is also unique about the vessel, is that two-thirds of its structure remain underwater, giving the craft buoyancy as well a “fish-collection system for studies of the pelagic ecosystem, plankton biodiversity, and fish stocks.”.

6 Comments to Sea Orbiter:

Comments RSS
Jeremy Bardeen on Friday, November 01, 2013 12:08 AM
well as their early on choice
Reply to comment

Krzysiek on Saturday, November 09, 2013 6:55 PM
In often the community hall just placed
Reply to comment

http://prokatalog.biz.pl/ on Wednesday, February 12, 2014 2:43 PM
clip mode in addition to a nice?
Reply to comment

Pool Service Coral Springs on Thursday, February 27, 2014 7:30 AM
I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this post Sea Orbiter.I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me.
Reply to comment

Fort Lauderdale Pool Service on Tuesday, March 18, 2014 6:13 AM
Reply to comment

Pompano beach pool services on Sunday, April 13, 2014 3:03 AM
I found it quiet interesting blog Sea Orbiter, Thank you for posting the great content…I was looking for something like this…, hopefully you will keep posting such blogs…
Reply to comment